by STAN STRICKER
Jan. 18, 2010
Beloit city officials are watching the progress of renovations at Countryside Village Apartments on Freeman Parkway closely.
Almost a month ago, dozens of tenants were evacuated after much of the complex was posted unfit. City Housing Services Director Tom Clippert is hopeful problems can be corrected now that the absentee landlord has hired a local contractor. In the mean time, Clippert says some tenants have not evacuated units deemed unfit, and will be given citations by the city this week.
The city cites the top two problems for the facility as mold infestation, and no heat.
Information on Riverstone Residential knowingly exposing tenants to extreme amounts of mold toxins at Toxic Mold Infested Jefferson Lakes Apartments in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
A letter to the NAA regarding an email they deleted without reading – please retract your amicus in the Abad case in Arizona – it is fraud by a political action committee, the National Apartment Association, that is furthering another fraud by another political action committee, the US Chamber of Commerce
Political Action Committee – NAA – files Amicus Brief in mold case (two infant deaths in mold filled apt – Wasatch Prop Mgmt) citing US Chamber/ACOEM ‘litigation defense report’ to disclaim health effects of indoor mold & limit financial risk for industry
“Changes in construction methods have caused US buildings to become perfect petri dishes for mold and bacteria to flourish when water is added. Instead of warning the public and teaching physicians that the buildings were causing illness; in 2003 the US Chamber of Commerce Institute for Legal Reform, a think-tank, and a workers comp physician trade organization mass marketed an unscientific nonsequitor to the courts to disclaim the adverse health effects to stave off liability for financial stakeholders of moldy buildings. Although publicly exposed many times over the years, the deceit lingers in US courts to this very day.” Sharon Noonan Kramer